Problems when using conditions in find Rails 2.1.0

Never had this issue before updating to Rails 2.1.0. Now for some reason the condition clause used with an array is not working. I've been trying use work arounds but I can't figure it out. Please anyone HELP!!!!

Query in question.

@furnii_from_furnii = Furni.find(:all, :include => [:raider], :conditions => ""+Furni.conditions_by_like(@search)+" OR " +Raider.conditions_by_like(@search)+"")

I do not understand why do you want conditions_by_like kind of functions, but anyways.

A very crude way(which I hate):

@furnii_from_furnii = Furni.find(:all, :include => [:raider], :conditions => "#{Furni.conditions_by_like(@search)} OR #{Raider.conditions_by_like(@search)}")

You can check the implementation of these methods as well: Furni.conditions_by_like(@search) Raider.conditions_by_like(@search)

Gourav

Gourav Tiwari wrote:

I do not understand why do you want conditions_by_like kind of functions, but anyways.

A very crude way(which I hate):

@furnii_from_furnii = Furni.find(:all, :include => [:raider], :conditions => "#{Furni.conditions_by_like(@search)} OR #{Raider.conditions_by_like(@search)}")

You can check the implementation of these methods as well: Furni.conditions_by_like(@search) Raider.conditions_by_like(@search)

Gourav

On Aug 12, 3:44 pm, Sam Ginko <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

Thanks. The problem was different. in Rails 2.1.0 you have to specify the table name when you do an eager loading. In regards to why I'm using a condition_by_like function is that I'm doing a small search where I do not need ferret or sphinx implementation. The condition_by_like allows me to loop through columns in tables and also split the search word. So there you have it. If you have a better way please let me know. I'm interested in all options.