Problems installing mysql gem in Rails 2.2.2

Hi' Rails riders. I having upgraded everything and upgraded to Rails 2.2.2 I now wanted to install the MySQL gem as I am getting the following error when trying to load up the app.

no such file to load -- mysql

Normally running gem install mysql works with no problems but, now I get the following:

gem install mysql

gem install mysql Successfully installed mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32 1 gem installed Installing ri documentation for mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32... Installing RDoc documentation for mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32... ERROR: While generating documentation for mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32 ... MESSAGE: Unhandled special: Special: type=17, text="<!-- $Id: README.html,v 1.20 2006-12-20 05:31:52 tommy Exp $ -->" ... RDOC args: --op c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/doc/mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32/rdoc --exclude ext --main README --quiet ext README docs/README.html (continuing with the rest of the installation)

How to install mysql in Rails 2.2.2.

Hi' Rails riders. I having upgraded everything and upgraded to Rails 2.2.2 I now wanted to install the MySQL gem as I am getting the following error when trying to load up the app.

no such file to load -- mysql

Normally running gem install mysql works with no problems but, now I
get the following:

gem install mysql

gem install mysql Successfully installed mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32 1 gem installed Installing ri documentation for mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32... Installing RDoc documentation for mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32... ERROR: While generating documentation for mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32 ... MESSAGE: Unhandled special: Special: type=17, text="<!-- $Id: README.html,v 1.20 2006-12-20 05:31:52 tommy Exp $ -->" ... RDOC args: --op c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/doc/mysql-2.7.3-x86-mswin32/rdoc --exclude
ext --main README --quiet ext README docs/README.html (continuing with the rest of the installation)

How to install mysql in Rails 2.2.2.

Well first off install the mysql gem has nothing to do with what
version of rails is installed. If it's not happy with one of the rdoc
comments you could just pass --no-rdoc (although by the looks of it
doesn't matter - it installed the gem anyway, just not the docs).

Fred

if you fire up irb and try require 'mysql' what do you get ??

if you fire up irb and try require 'mysql' what do you get ??

don't forget to require 'rubygems' first

Fred

I had this problem. My solution was to copy libmysql.dll from the MYSQL installation to ruby/bin.

The irb led me to this solution.

Scott

I recently upgraded from 2.1.2 to 2.2.2 and was having trouble with mysql - copying the dll fixed this for me also. Thanks! Ray