problems delete record using attachment_fu

Hello,

I'm having problems deleteing records that doesn't have attachments even though the model supports them. When I create a record with a attachment I can delete it without problems but when it comes to deleting a record that doesn't have a attachment I get following error: TypeError in NewsController#destroy

can't convert nil into String

RAILS_ROOT: F:/NetBeansProjects/sportfreundewitold.de Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace

vendor/plugins/attachment_fu/lib/technoweenie/attachment_fu/backends/file_system_backend.rb:21:in `join' vendor/plugins/attachment_fu/lib/technoweenie/attachment_fu/backends/file_system_backend.rb:21:in `full_filename' vendor/plugins/attachment_fu/lib/technoweenie/attachment_fu/backends/file_system_backend.rb:63:in `destroy_file' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:178:in `send' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:178:in `evaluate_method' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:166:in `call' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:93:in `run' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:92:in `each' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:92:in `send' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:92:in `run' vendor/plugins/attachment_fu/lib/technoweenie/attachment_fu.rb:443:in `run_callbacks' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/callbacks.rb:315:in `callback' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/callbacks.rb:309:in `destroy_without_transactions' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:179:in `send' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:179:in `with_transaction_returning_status' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:66:in `transaction' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:129:in `transaction' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:138:in `transaction' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:178:in `with_transaction_returning_status' D:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/transactions.rb:142:in `destroy' app/controllers/news_controller.rb:94:in `destroy'

That's probably because it tries to delete a attachment that isn't there. Is there any solution to this? Is it possible to load a local (on a server) image as a attachment and attach it to the record if the user didn't upload anything creating the record?