problem with the "detail"-method

What does your Form model look like? Can you post the code for that?

@detail = @form.detail

should be

@detail = @form.details

you are missing an s

ooooh wait , is a one to one relation chip, do you have

belond_to and has one in your models?

Is there a table called forms? Is there a 'detail' field in the forms table?

Colin

No, I think it is more likely that you need to setup a relationship between the tables so that form has_many details. This should all be in the tutorial however.

I think you might be much better finding a tutorial for the version of rails you are using however. If it is out of date you will forever be coming up against problems.

I would start by looking at the Rails Guides (google it) and http://railstutorial.org/ is good.

Colin

As I said I think it is likely that you should have setup a relationship between the models. You may have missed something in the tutorial (or the tutorial is missing details).

Colin

>> >> >> ooooh wait , is a one to one relation chip, do you have

>> >> >> belond_to and has one in your models?

>> >> > No - i even did not change anything in my model files, because of >> >> > exactly acting like the "video2brain"-tutorial ..

>> >> Is there a table called forms? >> >> Is there a 'detail' field in the forms table?

>> >> Colin

>> > There is a datebase called "formulare. >> > This database has a table called "forms" and a table called "details" >> > - but there is no detail field in the "forms"-table.

>> > So i need to create this field, correct?

>> No, I think it is more likely that you need to setup a relationship >> between the tables so that form has_many details. This should all be >> in the tutorial however.

>> I think you might be much better finding a tutorial for the version of >> rails you are using however. If it is out of date you will forever be >> coming up against problems.

>> I would start by looking at the Rails Guides (google it) andhttp://railstutorial.org/isgood.

>> Colin

> Thanks for that advice. But i really want to finish this chapter of > the tutorial - > So could you (or someone else) tell me, why this error message appears > and what i need to do to go on?

As I said I think it is likely that you should have setup a relationship between the models. You may have missed something in the tutorial (or the tutorial is missing details).

Colin

.. The tutorial is missind details - F***!

Maybe you could explain to me how to setup a relationship between the models? Otherwise i will google or do an other tutorial... Thank you so far

That is what I suggested in the first place, to quote myself:

>> I would start by looking at the Rails Guides (google it) and http://railstutorial.org/ is good.

I would suggest that you use Rails 3 if you are not already doing so as it is now the current version, though it is still very new, so those who will try to help you are still learning themselves. There is a Rails Guide specifically on ActiveRecord Relationships but I would start with Getting Started.

Colin

Sven Wildermann wrote:

I think I answered that already.

Colin

Colin Law wrote:

I dont use Rail 3, but 1.8.6 - because the Autor of the Tutorial used that Version, too.

Oh, hold on a minute. Rails 1.8.6 doesn't exist; that looks like a Ruby version number. So...what version of Rails does the tutorial *actually* use?

Would you recommend to use the 2. or the 3. Version?

I think I answered that already.

Colin

Best,