Problem with exists? method

Hi,

I have a DB with table TABLENAME, column COLUMN and an active resource client trying to connect to the DB. When i do

Tablename.find(:all) => i get all the entries from the table But Tablename.exists?(:column => value) always returns false I verified that the above command works from rails console. Dont understand why it always returns false even when there are valid records.

And in the rails server terminal i see a request for this cmd failing as

Started HEAD "/tablenames/columnnamevalue.json" for 127.0.0.1 at Mon Jun 18 13:02:11 -0700 2012

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches [GET] "/tablenames/columnnamevalue.json"):   actionpack (3.2.4) lib/action_dispatch/middleware/debug_exceptions.rb:21:in `call'   actionpack (3.2.4) lib/action_dispatch/middleware/show_exceptions.rb:56:in `call'   railties (3.2.4) lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:26:in `call_app'   railties (3.2.4) lib/rails/rack/logger.rb:16:in `call'   actionpack (3.2.4) lib/action_dispatch/middleware/request_id.rb:22:in `call'   rack (1.4.1) lib/rack/methodoverride.rb:21:in `call'   rack (1.4.1) lib/rack/runtime.rb:17:in `call'

Can anyone tellme why its failing?

Hi,

I have a DB with table TABLENAME, column COLUMN and an active resource client trying to connect to the DB. When i do

Tablename.find(:all) => i get all the entries from the table But Tablename.exists?(:column => value) always returns false

Could you point me to some documentation for exists? that shows passing a column value other than an id? I cannot find any reference to that.

Colin

Im sorry i have looked at wrong documentation. I have to use find(:all, :params)

http://apidock.com/rails/ActiveRecord/FinderMethods/exists%3F

has various forms exists? accepts

Fred

Hi Frederick,

Activeresource exists doesnt support conditions i think . Even i got confused by activerecord and activeresource exists method.