Problem with BackgrouDRb installing on WinXP - help please

I’m getting an error I don’t understand when I try to install the BackgrounDRb plugin (this is the first plugin I’ve tried to install).

I’m interested in knowing if anyone has been successful installing the BackgrounDRb plugin on WinXP, and even more specifically, on InstantRails on WinXP.

I installed the plugin, or thought I did, and then I tried to start the backgroundrb daemon (from the sandbox directory I entered >ruby script\backgroundrb\start.) I got an error message saying ‘no such file or directory – script/backgroundrb/start (LoadError)’.

So tried to reinstall the plugin using:

ruby script\plugin install svn://rubyforge.org//var/svn/backgroundrb --force

During the download\install, the first line of the reponse says:

svn: ‘C:\InstantRails\rails_apps\sandbox\vendor\plugins’ is not a working copy

Then it goes ahead and creates vendor\plugins\backgroundrb directory with subdirectories, etc. But I still get the ‘no such file’ error when I try to start the daemon.

So… a couple of questions:

1. What’s not a working copy? Is it talking about the already installed version of the plugin? Or is it telling me there’s something wrong with my IR install? Anybody got any idea what I’m doing wrong?

2. The file not found error makes me wonder. There is no ‘start.rb’ file in the BackgrounDRb plugin directory structure that’s installed. There is a file named ‘start’ (no extension) located in the vendor\plugins\backgroundrb\script\backgroundrb\ directory. Renaming it to start.rb doesn’t have an effect one way or the other. I don’t have any experience with plugins but, hey, Ezra wrote this and I’m pretty confident he knows WTF he’s doing, so I figure the script knows where to look.

Thanks in advance for any insight or help!

Best regards,

Bill