problem using attachment_fu with S3

Hi,

My S3 bucket is located in the US I have attachment_fu working when using file system storage I have sw-swf upload plugin working with my S3 account but I can not get attachment_fu to work with S3 storage.

the error I get is : AWS::S3::RequestTimeout in Upload filesController#create

Your socket connection to the server was not read from or written to within the timeout period. Idle connections will be closed.

hope someone can help out or pint me to an application that works. i have attached my db file.

in my model I have

has_attachment :content_type => :image, :storage => :s3, :size => 0.megabyte..3.megabytes, :resize_to => '450x450>', :thumbnails => { :thumb => '150x150>' } validates_as_attachment

my view new <h1>New upload_file</h1> <%= error_messages_for :upload_file %> <% form_for(:upload_file, :url => upload_files_path, :html => { :multipart => true }) do |form| %>   <p>     <label for="uploaded_data">Upload a file:</label>     <%= form.file_field :uploaded_data %>   </p>   <p>     <%= submit_tag "Create" %>   </p> <% end %>

Thanks

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/4689/20100420193040_create_upload_files.rb

I can’t see where problem is, but I could tell you - don’t you use attachment_fu. Use paperclip. It so much faster and powerful.

Just try it and I believe the problem will go away without time-eating solution.

Vladimir Rybas wrote:

I can't see where problem is, but I could tell you - don't you use attachment_fu. Use paperclip. It so much faster and powerful. Just try it and I believe the problem will go away without time-eating solution.

Thanks, i am using paperclip and yes it just works.