Problem in Print PDF by AJAX request

Hi,

I am trying to send the pdf file for the user to download. I am using send_data method to send the pdf file.

When the user clicks on the "Print PDF" link, the controller method is called the and the pdf file is saved.

I tried with HTML request(link_to "Print PDF") and it is working fine. But when tried with AJAX request,(i.e link_to_remote "Print PDF"), the pdf is not saved but there is no error logged in the log file.

But I have to pass the ajax request. Why is it not working with link_to_remote?? And how can I make it working???

Thanks in advance...

IIRC, an Ajax request will actually download the pdf's contents for the page's javascript to handle. You probably want to just do a normal link_to, not a link_to_remote.

Thanks for your reply. But I gave link_to and link_to_remote as just examples. Actually I am developing my application using ExtJs. So I can have only AJAX requests.

So, Is there a way to make it work for AJAX request?

Or is there a way to post HTML request from ExtJs UI?(If you have worked on ExtJs).

Thanks Mike. I have done it. As it is an AJAX request, the PDF was not opening.

So I made the button to call the javascript on click, and opened a new window and passed the URL like this.

window.open('my_controller/export_as_pdf', 'my_window')

and it worked.