[PRIZE] Docker for Rails Developers - beta launch

Hi,

My new book “Docker for Rails developer” (Pragmatic Programmers) has just launched in early-access beta: Search

It’s a light, easy read that will help you get up-to-speed fast. The focus is on practical, real-world usage for developers and will guide you step-by-step. Grab your copy while it’s hot… more chapters to follow as soon as they’re ready.

Not sure? Here’s what people are saying about it:

• This is the book I wish I had when I started delving into Docker.*
  • a really enjoyable, clear and informative read*
  • [reminds] me of the original DHH Rails book… bravo!*

**When I first saw the title, I might not have been so interested in buying the book given that I’m currently involved in other projects (Elixir! Javascript! Java! Neo4j! etc). However, how wrong I was. This knowledge I can actually export and apply directly to all of my current projects and thus dockerize those environments as well.

• it has made me rethink the way in which I develop applications.*

Free prize draw… For your chance to win a free copy, include the following in a tweet “Search #Docker #Rails #RoRTalk @robisenberg” — one winner will be chosen at random.

Cheers,

Rob

p.s. any other help to spread the word would be much appreciated!

Dang it already bought it!

Great book

Really helped me understand docker

The part i am still trying to understand is how to reuse containers properly

I’ve been trying to get some building automation apps running on it as proof of concept but I am contemplating if docker is even a good fit for something that needs to be always running

Hey Clayton, thanks for buying it! – sorry you missed the competition :slight_smile:

I’m glad you’ve found it useful so far. I’m working hard to get the final chapters out a.s.a.p.