hi

I'm trying to validate foreign keys:

class Blocking < ActiveRecord::Base

belongs_to :ressource

validates_inclusion_of :ressource_id, :in => Ressource.select_all_ids

end

class Ressource < ActiveRecord::Base

has_many :blockings, :dependent => :destroy

def self.select_all_ids     self.find(:all, :select => "id").map {|ressource| ressource.id}   end

end

I've created a new ressource. Now, I'd like to create a blocking that belongs to this ressource. But validation fails because the result of the method select_add_ids doesn't include the id of the new ressource. The method seems to be cached.

What kind of caching is this, and how can I prevent the method from being cached? (I use mysql 5.0)

thanks

Luma

hi

I'm trying to validate foreign keys:

class Blocking < ActiveRecord::Base

belongs_to :ressource

validates_inclusion_of :ressource_id, :in => Ressource.select_all_ids

end

class Ressource < ActiveRecord::Base

has_many :blockings, :dependent => :destroy

def self.select_all_ids    self.find(:all, :select => "id").map {|ressource| ressource.id} end

end

I've created a new ressource. Now, I'd like to create a blocking that belongs to this ressource. But validation fails because the result of the method select_add_ids doesn't include the id of the new ressource. The method seems to be cached.

What kind of caching is this, and how can I prevent the method from being cached?

This is not really caching as such, just that i suspect you haven't
fully understood what code is executed when. In particular, the validates_inclusion_of... statement is executed
when blocking.rb is loaded (and in production this will happen exactly
onece) and so the select_all_ids is executed at that time (not when a
record is checked). You could keep this approach using a validates method, but really this
is the sort of thing that I'd let the database enforce (via a foreign
key).

Fred