Possible bug in Rails 3.0.3 form_for?

I’m trying to get nested resources working, however I’ve run into a peculiar problem which seems like it may be a bug.

I have Projects which have Analyses, or the singular versions Project & Analysis. Here’s my routes.rb entry:

resources :projects do     resources :analyses end

For example: /projects/2/analyses/3. The new works fine: projects/2/analyses/new

Almost everything works, except for the analysis edit: projects/2/analyses/3/edit

It returns the following error:

NoMethodError in Analyses#edit undefined method `project_analyasis_path’

This is bizarre since it is trying to find analyasis which is misspelled. Nowhere in my code is analysis or analyses misspelled as analyasis.

Here’s my analysis _form partial:

<%= form_for [@project, @analysis] do |f| %>

if I change it to <%= form_for [@project, @analysis], :url => project_analysis_path(@project, @analysis) do |f| %> edit will work, however new ceases to work.

Any ideas? Is this a bug in form_helper.rb?

I’m trying to get nested resources working, however I’ve run into a peculiar problem which seems like it may be a bug.

I have Projects which have Analyses, or the singular versions Project & Analysis. Here’s my routes.rb entry:

resources :projects do resources :analyses end

For example: /projects/2/analyses/3. The new works fine: projects/2/analyses/new

Almost everything works, except for the analysis edit: projects/2/analyses/3/edit

What is the name of Analyses controller class and the name of the file? Can you show us the code around the line that fails. The error should say which line it is on.

Colin

resources :projects do resources :analyses end

I think rails is failing to pluralize/singularize your class names. (try pluralizing your class name from the console). If this is the case you can add an inflection rule that will add the correct plurals for you (there should be examples in config/initializers/inflector.rb

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote in post #977382:

I think rails is failing to pluralize/singularize your class names. (try pluralizing your class name from the console). If this is the case you can add an inflection rule that will add the correct plurals for you (there should be examples in config/initializers/inflector.rb

Fred

You were right! I added an entry to config/initializers/inflections.rb and it works now.

ActiveSupport::Inflector.inflections do |inflect|   inflect.irregular 'analysis', ‘analyses’ end

Thanks!