Plus sign not passed in parameters

Hi

Running Rails 1.1.6.

This is what’s being passed to rails through a GET request:

Parameters: {“month”=>“10”, “title”=>“Jurassic 5 The Compositive Two”, “action”=>“index”, “controller”=>“events”, “day”=>“8”, “year”=>“2006”}

It should read:

Parameters: {“month”=>“10”, “title”=>“Jurassic 5 + The Compositive Two”, “action”=>“index”, “controller”=>“events”, “day”=>“8”, “year”=>“2006”}

The link itself reads:

http://www.thedomain.com/events/2006/10/8/Jurassic+5+%2B+The+Compositive+Two

The title is passed off to a search query, which effectively returns 0 records, as it’s missing the + sign, the query reads “SELECT * FROM events WHERE title=‘Jurassic 5 The Compositive Two’ …”

Is this a bug in rails? I’ve searched trac, but didn’t find anyone with a similar problem.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

Is this a bug in rails? I've searched trac, but didn't find anyone with a similar problem.

I wonder if it's decoding the uri twice somehow, resulting in the encoded + sign being turned into a space.

Yes, that’s what I was thinking too, but suspecting this doesn’t solve the problem, does it :wink:

I know for a fact that my code is doing nothing fancy to cause this to happen. I’ve been browsing through the source of rails, but I found nothing in the last three hours, I was hoping someone else would have solved the same problem. Guess I know what to do tonight…

Best regards

Peter De Berdt