PayPal integration with Rails shopping cart

Hello everyone,

I have 3 main questions and they are:

1. Is it possible to integrate the PayPal payment gateway within our website? My client doesn't want the customer to be directed to the PayPal website to complete the transaction.

2. I tried integrating the 'Ruby PayPal Gem' from Elctech.com is for sale | HugeDomains but ran into some issues. I am using the PayPal SOAP API on Rails 1.2.5. I have a PayPal Pro and Developer Account but I did not get sandbox_api.crt, sandbox_api.key, live_api.crt and live_api.key as required for this installation.

My questions are a) Is this library compatible with Rails 1.2.5? and b) Could someone direct me to a good tutorial of installing this gem?

3. Is there a way to work with Active Merchant on Rails 1.2.5 because I think it is only compatible with the latest version?

I've been trying to crack this since the last 2 days and I am desperate to get this going. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nishant

Nishant Sinha wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have 3 main questions and they are:

1. Is it possible to integrate the PayPal payment gateway within our website? My client doesn't want the customer to be directed to the PayPal website to complete the transaction.

It is if you have one of their more expensive (paypal) accounts.

2. I tried integrating the 'Ruby PayPal Gem' from http://www.elctech.com/projects/paypal but ran into some issues. I am using the PayPal SOAP API on Rails 1.2.5. I have a PayPal Pro and Developer Account but I did not get sandbox_api.crt, sandbox_api.key, live_api.crt and live_api.key as required for this installation.

Perhaps you're required to generate your own--see http://dist.leetsoft.com/api/paypal/ the example with some (for example) ' openssl req -new -key business_key.pem -x509 -days 3650 -out business_cert.pem' in there (equivalent to generating *.key??? maybe?

It should work with 1.2.5, I'd imagine--haven't ever done it.

3. Is there a way to work with Active Merchant on Rails 1.2.5 because I think it is only compatible with the latest version?

Yeah should integrate nicely. ActiveMerchant should make it easy.

maybe google for activemerchant paypal tutorial

GL. -Roger

hi nishant yes it is possible   in actullay we use soap method and we have integrate this saop method directly in our application

please read the paypal documentation for that