passing parameters to delete link_to

The rails scaffolding generator creates delete links as objects in index views so why when I google how to pass params to a delete link all the answers are examples where a path is used My links don’t have a path, they have an object That’s rails out of the box Like this:

<% @press_releases.each do |pr| %>

<%= link_to 'Edit', edit_press_release_path(pr) %> <%= link_to 'Delete', pr, method: :delete, data: { confirm: 'Are you sure?' } %>

I didn’t write the above code, rails generated it I tried using delete_press_release_path but there was no such route available So how do I pass an additional parameter in this link please Thanks in advance

The rails scaffolding generator creates delete links as objects in index views so why when I google how to pass params to a delete link all the answers are examples where a path is used My links don't have a path, they have an object That's rails out of the box Like this:

<% @press_releases.each do |pr| %>       <tr>         <td><%= link_to 'Edit', edit_press_release_path(pr) %></td>         <td><%= link_to 'Delete', pr, method: :delete, data: { confirm: 'Are you sure?' } %></td>

I didn't write the above code, rails generated it I tried using delete_press_release_path but there was no such route available So how do I pass an additional parameter in this link please Thanks in advance

just press_release_path(additional_params: true)

The reason why that goes to the destroy action is because of method: :delete

The rails scaffolding generator creates delete links as objects in index views so why when I google how to pass params to a delete link all the answers are examples where a path is used My links don't have a path, they have an object That's rails out of the box Like this:

<% @press_releases.each do |pr| %>       <tr>         <td><%= link_to 'Edit', edit_press_release_path(pr) %></td>         <td><%= link_to 'Delete', pr, method: :delete, data: { confirm: 'Are you sure?' } %></td>

I didn't write the above code, rails generated it I tried using delete_press_release_path but there was no such route available So how do I pass an additional parameter in this link please Thanks in advance

just press_release_path(additional_params: true)

my bad. submitted immediately.

should be press_release_path(pr, additional_params: true)

Thanks