Passing Multiple Parameters from observe_field

I need to pass through two parameters to a controller method from an observe_field : the value of the field and another local variable.

I can get it working for either of the two, but not for both.

This is what I'm got in the form partial I'm trying to write (purchaser_country_id is coming in as a :local) -

<p><label for="order_purchaser_zipcode">Zip Code</label><br/> <%= text_field 'order', 'purchaser_zipcode', :size => 20 %> </p>

<% if Zipcode.exists?(["state_id in (select id from dbfox001.states where country_id = ?)", purchaser_country_id]) %>   <!-- Enable zipcode searching if we have zipcodes for the country at all -->   <%= 'Zipcodes exist for ' + purchaser_country_id.to_s %>   <%=     observe_field :order_purchaser_zipcode,                   :update => 'purchaser_loc2',                   :url => { :controller => 'order', :action => 'findzip' },                   :with => "'purchaser_country_id='+purchaser_country_id.to_s+'&purchaser_zipcode='+encodeURIComponent(value)"    %>   <% else %>     <!-- If no zipcodes exist then just use standard text entry boxes -->   <%= 'No zipcodes for ' + purchaser_country_id.to_s %>   <% end %>

<div id='purchaser_loc2'>       <%= render :partial => "purchaser_location2",                  :locals => {:purchaser_country_id => purchaser_country_id,                              :purchaser_zipcode => ''} %>

<p><label for="order_purchaser_city">City</label><br/>       <%= text_field 'order', 'purchaser_city', :size => 50 %></p>   </div>

If one of the fields is a literal it works : for example -

:with => "'purchaser_zipcode='+encodeURIComponent(value)+'&purchaser_country_id='+'101'"

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

I had the same problem up until a couple of minutes ago. Try this:

with => "'purchaser_country_id=#{purchaser_country_id}&purchaser_zipcode='+encodeURIComponent(value)"

Sean

Sean,

Thanks for that : I managed to resolve this last night (with the same solution) after some help on the RoR chat forum.

Thanks very much.

Phil