Passing arguments to BackgroundRB

I hope someone can point out my stupic mistake here as I have wasted far too much time fiddling with syntax and I just can't get it. I am new to BackgroundRB and I am trying to pass 2 ids to my worker.

In my controller I have:

MiddleMan.worker(:process_cv_worker).async_changed_cv(:arg => { :vitae_id => @vitae.id, :current_user_id => current_user.id })

And my worker looks like:

class ProcessCvWorker < BackgrounDRb::MetaWorker set_worker_name :process_cv_worker require 'pdf/toolkit'

def create(args) # this method is called, when worker is loaded for the first time logger.info "Created vitae worker" end

def changed_cv(arg) vitae_id = arg[:vitae_id] user_name = arg[:current_user_id] @vitae=Vitae.find(vitae_id)

more code

end end

However, when I run this code I get Error calling method changed_cv with on worker process_cv_worker at Thu Nov 03 09:37:56 +0000 2011 undefined method `' for nil:NilClass

The code works fine if I just use @vitae=Vitae.find(1) so I know that it is not finding the vitae. I am sure i am being stupid but I have confused myself and am seeking help.

Thanks,

Dan

I do not know if this can help you , but i do experence this kind of things few days ago.

The rails process create the record and return the id for you, notice the db not commit actually at this monument, then spawn/fork the worker process, the worker found the record not exist in DB.

If you experence the same problem, i recommend you there is a plugin/gem that include

after_commit callback, and make the async work after the db commit.

Sorted

In my controller MiddleMan.worker(:process_cv_worker).async_changed_cv(:args => {:vitae_id => @vitae.id})

In my worker def changed_cv(args)     @vitae=Vitae.find(args[:vitae_id])

code

end

Dan