Passing a variable to a javascript function from a helper function

I'm trying to pass a variable to a javascript function from a helper function but I'm not getting it to work. I think the problem is with #{domElement}

any ideas? thanks!

This is how the helper function is called from the view:

<%= link_to_add_fields t('form.treatment.add'), form, :treatments, :table %>

Then this is the helper function:

def link_to_add_fields(name, f, association, domElement)     new_object = f.object.class.reflect_on_association(association).klass.new     fields = f.fields_for(association, new_object, :child_index => "new_#{association}") do |builder|       render(association.to_s.singularize + "_fields", :f => builder)     end     link_to_function(name, h("add_fields(this, \"#{association}\", \"#{escape_javascript(fields)}\", #{domElement})"))   end

And this is the javascript function:

function add_fields(link, association, content, domElement) {   var new_id = new Date().getTime();   var regexp = new RegExp("new_" + association, "g");   var table = $(link).up(domElement);   table.insert({     before: content.replace(regexp, new_id) }); }

I'm trying to pass a variable to a javascript function from a helper function but I'm not getting it to work. I think the problem is with #{domElement}

Well you should probably look at the generated javascript and all but it looks like you're not quoting domElement (ie you have just title rather than the string literal 'title'). Passing a fragment of javascript through h seems highly dubious - link_to_function should be taking care of that (but do check!)

Fred