Parsing XML Files in Rails

I’m a super newbie with ruby on rails and ruby in general. Basically, I’m trying to display a pre-generated xml file within my rails app. Super simple, but I can’t get it to work. I created a new controller called “nmap” and it has this code:

class NmapController < ApplicationController

require 'nmap/xml'
def create
@nmapfile = Nmapfile.new(nmapfile_params)
@nmapfile.nmapfilerecords = 0
@nmapfile.save
sleep 8
Nmap::XML.new('/opt/ruby_projects/nmap/nmap_parse/app/views/nmap/test.nmap.xml') do |xml|
    xml.each_host do |host|
      if "#{host.status}" == "down"            
      else
        @nmapfile.nmapfilerecords += 1
      end
    end
end

respond_to do |format|
  if @nmapfile.save
    format.html { redirect_to @nmapfile, notice: 'nmap file was successfully created.' }
    format.json { render action: 'show', status: :created, location: @nmapfile }
  else
    format.html { render action: 'new' }
    format.json { render json: @nmapfile.errors, status: :unprocessable_entity }
  end
end
end

``

I’ve placed my xml file in “/opt/ruby_projects/nmap/nmap_parse/app/views/nmap/test.nmap.xml” as you can see above. However, when I load the webapp, I receive the following errors within the application trace:

/opt/ruby_projects/nmap/nmap_parse/app/controllers/nmap_controller.rb:30: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting keyword_end

This could be extremely simple to do, so I’m looking for someone to help point me in the right direction.

tx.

I’m a super newbie with ruby on rails and ruby in general. Basically, I’m trying to display a pre-generated xml file within my rails app. Super simple, but I can’t get it to work. I created a new controller called “nmap” and it has this code:

[snip]

/opt/ruby_projects/nmap/nmap_parse/app/controllers/nmap_controller.rb:30: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting keyword_end

This error means that your missing an “end”. This sort of mistake is a lot easier to spot if you indent your code properly.

Fred