params[hash] and link_to.... easy question... but I am stupid :)

routes.rb

map.connect ':controller/:action/:id/:draw_id', :controller => "admin", :action => "edit_position"

In a view I have:

<%= link_to "#{@draw.positions[0].team}", { :controller => :admin, :action => :edit_position,                                                                  :id =>@draw.positions[0].id, :draw_id => @draw.id } %>

In my controller I do not receive the param :draw_id in my params

Any thoughts? How do I do a link_to and pass in these 2 parameters :id and :draw_id

Thanks!

Shawn

routes.rb

map.connect ':controller/:action/:id/:draw_id', :controller => "admin", :action => "edit_position"

In a view I have:

<%= link_to "#{@draw.positions[0].team}", { :controller => :admin, :action => :edit_position,                                                                  :id =>@draw.positions[0].id, :draw_id => @draw.id } %>

In my controller I do not receive the param :draw_id in my params

Any thoughts? How do I do a link_to and pass in these 2 parameters :id and :draw_id

It is not in my params hash though....

I initially did nothing with my routes.rb... then seeing that the only param I got was :id, I started playing around.

can anyone give me an example of a link_to that sends 2 parameters to a controller.

This seems so silly, but I am stuck.

Thanks so much...

link_to "link", :controller => "articles", :id => id, :draw_id => @draw.id

Sure... but how would you access the :draw_id in your controller?

It is not showing up in my params hash.... with what you wrote I only get :id in the hash as well as action and controller.

Sure... but how would you access the :draw_id in your controller?

It is not showing up in my params hash.... with what you wrote I only get :id in the hash as well as action and controller.

Is draw_id showing in the log file (log/development.log). If not then @draw.id is probably nil. Have a look at the html of your page (View, Page source or similar in your browser) and see if it is there. Also you could try displaying @draw.id in the page to see what it is.

By the way most think it better to insert your comments to previous emails inline rather than at the top. It makes it easier to follow the thread.

Colin