Paperclip: numbers strings after filename

Hi,

I'm trying to instantiate the file from the saved file via paperclip. The codes to open the file is:

barcodeFile = open(scan.barcode.url,"r")

..but getting error of file not found as the "url" is extended as

/system/barcodes/1/small/barcode.png?1284296856

with the number strings. I was searching 1) what the numbers strings are, and 2) how I can get URL without the strings so that I will not encounter file not found exception when I'm trying to instantiate the object.

Thanks, Ryo

Hi,

I've resolved this issue. I found it on the source code of the library as below.

# Returns the public URL of the attachment, with a given style. Note that     # this does not necessarily need to point to a file that your web server     # can access and can point to an action in your app, if you need fine     # grained security. This is not recommended if you don't need the     # security, however, for performance reasons. Set use_timestamp to false     # if you want to stop the attachment update time appended to the url     def url(style_name = default_style, use_timestamp = @use_timestamp)       url = original_filename.nil? ? interpolate(@default_url, style_name) : interpolate(@url, style_name)       use_timestamp && updated_at ? [url, updated_at].compact.join(url.include?("?") ? "&" : "?") : url     end

so if you set false, it will turn off adding timestamp at the end.