Observers not firing on edge

Hi,

I just updated to edge since I was having a few issues with beta4.

Most of my issues have gone away, but an after_save observer that was working fine on beta4 simply isn't being called.

class MyObserver < ActiveRecord::Observer   observe :post

def after_save(post)     post.flush_cache   end end

—P

I refactored observers a while ago (April), and was the last to work on them (to my knowledge). Their tests still pass, and fail if I comment out actions in observer classes. So, everything seems in order.

Maybe the issue is that they don’t get loaded properly in your app?

Most of my issues have gone away, but an after_save observer that was working fine on beta4 simply isn't being called.

I refactored observers a while ago (April), and was the last to work on them (to my knowledge). Their tests still pass, and fail if I comment out actions in observer classes. So, everything seems in order. Maybe the issue is that they don't get loaded properly in your app?

Maybe. Has the syntax changed at all between beta4 and master? My app tests pass in beta4.

--P

Hey Paul, I replied to a newer thread on the subject. Please do debugging steps as indicated there.

Hi Mislav,

Whatever changed in the last few days fixed the issue for me. I gave up on edge, went back to beta4, then a few days later came back to edge and all my tests are passing now.

—P