newbie w. quick question on accessors in ActionController

Hi,

Can someone please confirm that accessors cannot be used in ActionController to 'persist' values between requests, at least, not without persisting to the database?

I'm trying to minimize AJAX calls by storing information from certain of my calls for use by others later, but my attempts fail. My takeaway is that instance variables, as set by an accessor, are not stored between requests.

Thanks for any comment,

Lille

Hi,

Can someone please confirm that accessors cannot be used in ActionController to 'persist' values between requests, at least, not without persisting to the database?

I'm trying to minimize AJAX calls by storing information from certain of my calls for use by others later, but my attempts fail. My takeaway is that instance variables, as set by an accessor, are not stored between requests.

correct - fresh requests get a new instance of the controller class. In production the next request could very easily go to a different rails instance or even a different physical server if your app is running on several servers.

Fred

Thanks!