New Rails 1.2.1 Error with text_area

I just upgraded to Rails 1.2.1, and I'm suddenly seeing this area whenever my code calls for a text_area (this code has been working for a long while in 1.1.6:

private method `split' called for 60:Fixnum

The code surrounding the error is...

12: <td valign=top><%= text_area 'link', 'description', :size => 60, :rows => 2 %></td>

The app trace looks like this...

C:/Program Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.1/lib/action_view/helpers/form_helper.rb:288:in `to_text_area_tag' C:/Program Files/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.1/lib/action_view/helpers/form_helper.rb:190:in `text_area' #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/views/links/_form.rhtml:12:in `_run_rhtml_47app47views47links47_form46rhtml' #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/views/links/new.rhtml:17:in `_run_rhtml_47app47views47links47new46rhtml' -e:4

Has anyone else come across this error, and knows of a solution?

Thanks!

Think I might have found the answer, though I'm not really sure why it's an issue.

If I remove the :size => 60 clause from the text_area, everything works fine.

Hi Egon,

I just upgraded to Rails 1.2.1, and I'm suddenly seeing this area whenever my code calls for a text_area (this code has been working for a long while in 1.1.6:

private method `split' called for 60:Fixnum

The code surrounding the error is...

12: <td valign=top><%= text_area 'link', 'description', :size => 60, :rows => 2 %></td>

Try :   <%= text_area 'link', 'description', size => '60x2' %>

-- Jean-François.

Jean-François wrote:

Try :   <%= text_area 'link', 'description', size => '60x2' %>

-- Jean-François.

That worked great! Thanks!

Just a thought, but the textarea HTML tag uses rows and cols attributes to define its dimensions (or CSS seems to work too).

Hope that helps, Andrew

Andrew France wrote:

Just a thought, but the textarea HTML tag uses rows and cols attributes to define its dimensions (or CSS seems to work too).

Hope that helps, Andrew

Ah. Good point. That'd likely be the correct place to do it-- get it out of the .rhtml altogether.