New mime type. Works in windows, fails in ubuntu

Hi,

I am generating some SVG content from my app. To get that working I've done the next:

Add line in /config/initializers/mime_types.rb$: Mime::Type.register "application/xhtml+xml", :svg

In my controller I have now added to the respond_to: format.svg { render :action => "svg.rhtml", :layout => false }

svg.rhtml is something like: <g id="online_users" >    <% for session in @online_sessions %>       <text id="user" x="325" y="80" width="200" height="20" ... >          <%= getUsernameFromID(session.user_id) %>       </text>    <% end %> </g>

Hi again,

I have to make some corrections to my problem. I have verified that the guilty one is not Ubuntu.

The problem I describe only occurs with Firefox (!?!). When adding the new mime type accessing any page of the application just returns the data model in XML. No layout.

There is no such problem if I use IE or Opera. Behaves same with InstantRails or directly in the Ubuntu machine.

Any clues to solve the mistery?

Cheers.

Hi again again,

So now I think I fixed the problem. The MIME type was wrong. I had Mime::Type.register "application/xhtml+xml", :svg

And the right one was Mime::Type.register "image/svg+xml", :svg

I don't know why only Firefox was affected but now those three browsers get the right stuff from the server.

Cheers!