nested resources

I have nested resources but each resource included has_many pictures, how do i add the pictures resource to my routes.rb Should it just be "resources: :pictures" with no nesting?

What do you want your URLs to look like? That's the only thing that matters in the routes file. Are the pictures only accessible through their parent record? Or is that just a convenience method that you use in a few routes, like a list of all pictures in an Article for the admin view? The relationship between parent and children matters to the model, but is not the driving force when designing your URLs.

Walter

Thanks, Walter Lee Davis, I used pictures in my routes then Pictures can only be added as children of parent objects ~ fugee lee ohu

Thanks, Walter Lee Davis, I used pictures in my routes then Pictures can only be added as children of parent objects ~ fugee lee ohu

Remember that you can have as many routes as you like, so you can add other routes (for the same resources) for other purposes if you want. It is entirely up to you how you format the routes.

Colin

Thanks Colin