nested model form javascript question (re Ryan Bates's Railscasts #196-7)

Hi,

I might guess there are some loyal fans of Ryan Bates's Railscasts out there. For those who might be familiar with his two casts on nested model forms (#196-7), I had a question...

How do I modify one (or both) of the javascript and helper functions, respectively, that Ryan showed so that I can use them to append multiple children? In other words, with the functions below I can present only one model instance at a time, whereas I'd like to present several different model instances with each call.

from application.js...

function add_fields(link, association, content) {   var new_id = new Date().getTime();   var regexp = new RegExp("new_" + association, "g")   $(link).up().insert({     after: content.replace(regexp, new_id)   }); }

from application_helper.rb...

def link_to_add_fields(name, f, association)     new_object = f.object.class.reflect_on_association(association).klass.new     fields = f.fields_for(association, new_object, :child_index => "new_#{association}") do |builder|       render(association.to_s.singularize + "_fields", :f => builder)     end     link_to_function(name, h("add_fields(this, \"#{association}\", \"#{escape_javascript(fields)}\")"))   end

What I think I need to do is figure out how to append to some arbitrary place on the DOM, like the passed-in link element. I just don't know how.

Thanks for any help,

Grary