Need help with find

Kind of new at this and have been unable to find an example of what I want to do.

I have three models, people, clubs and members.

@members = @club.members.all --> finds all club members

How do I write a find of all people that are not members of @club

Thanks

Finally figured out something that worked.

@club = Club.find(params[:club_id]) ids = @club.members.connection.select_values('SELECT person_id FROM members') @people = Person.all(:order => 'name_sort',                                      :conditions => ["id NOT IN (?)", ids])

Any comments or better methods.

Kind of new at this and have been unable to find an example of what I want to do.

What are the relationships between the models (has_many, belongs_to and so on)?

Colin

Club has many Members Person has many Members Members belong to Club, Person

Club has many Members Person has many Members

That's novel. Possibly memberships would be a better name, or am I misunderstanding what this table is for?

Members belong to Club, Person

You seem to have snipped the original question. I will have to get it back from the earlier post.

In fact you can just use @club.members to give you all the members of @club. Are you not more likely to want all the people that are members of the club though?

If you also say club has_many people through memberships then you can also @club.people to give you all the actual people.

If you further have person has_many clubs through memberships then person.clubs will give you all his clubs and to get the people who are not members of @club you can do something like

person.find( :all, :include => :clubs, :conditions => ['club.id <> ?', @club.id] )

That might not be quite right, but something like that.