need a feed aggregator

want to aggregate interesting blogs / discussions related to software testing field and keep it at one place

1. In the admin system I'll provide some information about the feed this i will do     * Name for the feed     * Address of the fee (XML file address on the internet)

2. Based on this information - there should be some periodic job which will run at a specific time, fetch latest article etc from their feed and populate in our DB (need help in this ) 3. Look at couple of feeds - they should all have similar fields and we need to extract all the relevant data from them. 4. This aggregator should support all the popular feed format like - RSS / ATOM etc

check out feedzirra. ryan bates of railscasts.com, has a great screencast on using this tool... #168 Feed Parsing - RailsCasts i've written a blog post about installing it on ubuntu bc there are a couple of dependencies which fight back... Seanbehan.com

i developed a very simple reader application you can see it here Seanbehan.com using feedzirra and a cron job. if you're interested i can throw the source up on github.

hiiii,

thanks for reply…

i have implement the simmons http://simonwoodside.com/ feed aggreegator and stored in the db the feed now want to set the cront job for than

thanks

rahul