Navigational Menus

Hi, this is my 2nd and last naive question for the day. Based on the observation that Rails addresses so many issues and handles them so well, I was a little surprised that it seems that Rails doesn't appear to have some sort of built-in support for constructing navigational menus. I'm not sure what I would expect that support to do; but, I'd just like to know if there are Rails tools for building navigational menus so that I don't go off doing my own thing and ignoring capabilities that Rails provides. I've got a couple of Rails books and neither of them mention anything about support for building navigational menus.

Thanks for any input.

... doug

doug wrote:

Hi, this is my 2nd and last naive question for the day. Based on the observation that Rails addresses so many issues and handles them so well, I was a little surprised that it seems that Rails doesn't appear to have some sort of built-in support for constructing navigational menus. I'm not sure what I would expect that support to do; but, I'd just like to know if there are Rails tools for building navigational menus so that I don't go off doing my own thing and ignoring capabilities that Rails provides. I've got a couple of Rails books and neither of them mention anything about support for building navigational menus.

Thanks for any input.

I'm also new to RoR but I suspect that this is more in the scope of CSS and XHTML

cheers </jima>

hi,

take a look at goldberg. It's a generator for rails which gives you nice page layout, configurable menus and user/role support...

http://goldberg.240gl.org/

Regards, Timo

Thanks to all.

... doug

doug wrote:

Thanks for any input.

... doug

As Jim said, this should be more of a CSS issue. However, i would like to point for your interest to the link_to_unless_current helper;

One more thing that you might be interested in would be the tabnav thingy; http://blog.seesaw.it/articles/2006/07/23/the-easiest-way-to-add-tabbed-navigation-to-your-rails-app