NameError in AdminController#list_raw_data

i need some help to fix this problem

i have a model named rawdata.rb pointing to a table class Rawdata < ActiveRecord::Base     set_table_name "rawdatas"

i have setup my controller file named admin_controller.rb with the following function. def list_raw_data   sql="select * from rawdatas order by tradedatetime desc"      @rawdata_pages, @rawdata = paginate :rawdata, :per_page => 50

end

when i try to launch http://localhost:3000/admin/list_raw_data/

i get error NameError in AdminController#list_raw_data uninitialized constant Rawdatum RAILS_ROOT: ./script/../config/..

Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace e:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:266:in `load_missing_constant' e:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:452:in `const_missing' e:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:464:in `const_missing' e:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/inflector.rb:250:in `constantize' e:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/core_ext/string/inflections.rb:148:in `constantize' e:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.5/lib/action_controller/pagination.rb:201:in `paginator_and_collection_for' e:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.5/lib/action_controller/pagination.rb:132:in `paginate_without_deprecation' e:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.4/lib/active_support/deprecation.rb:94:in `paginate' E:/TradingTools/Development/app/controllers/admin_controller.rb:28:in `list_raw_data'

i have a model named rawdata.rb pointing to a table class Rawdata < ActiveRecord::Base    set_table_name "rawdatas"

i have setup my controller file named admin_controller.rb with the
following function. def list_raw_data sql="select * from rawdatas order by tradedatetime desc"

I assume you know that this does nothing.

@rawdata_pages, @rawdata = paginate :rawdata, :per_page => 50

end

It's assuming that rawdata is the plural of rawdatum. You could fiddle
with the inflections.

Fred

I assume that the inflection is used by the model only. i had setup the model that the table name is set_table_name "rawdatas"

How can i fix the controller for the same?

i have a model named rawdata.rb pointing to a table class Rawdata < ActiveRecord::Base    set_table_name "rawdatas"

i have setup my controller file named admin_controller.rb with the
following function. def list_raw_data sql="select * from rawdatas order by tradedatetime desc"

I assume you know that this does nothing.

@rawdata_pages, @rawdata = paginate :rawdata, :per_page => 50

end

It's assuming that rawdata is the plural of rawdatum. You could fiddle
with the inflections.

Fred

I assume that the inflection is used by the model only.

It's not.

i had setup the model that the table name is set_table_name "rawdatas"

that's a separate thing

Depending on your version of rails you can find inflector examples
either at the bottom of environment.rb or in one of the initializers
(in config/initializers)

Fred

I assume that the inflection is used by the model only.

It's not.

i had setup the model that the table name is set_table_name "rawdatas"

that's a separate thing

Depending on your version of rails you can find inflector examples
either at the bottom of environment.rb or in one of the initializers
(in config/initializers)

One other way would of course be to rename your model ( & the
associated file).

Fred

i found the inflections in the environment.rb and uncommneted it. i tried to monkeypatch it like the following    Inflector.inflections do |inflect|   if not(inflect=="rawdata") then      inflect.plural /^(ox)$/i, '\1en'      inflect.singular /^(ox)en/i, '\1'      inflect.irregular 'person', 'people'      inflect.uncountable %w( fish sheep )    end    end

It still does not work. i also restarted the server to see ifit will take effect but it did not. i want the controller to think that rawdata inflection is still rawdata.

Any help is appreciated.

i have a model named rawdata.rb pointing to a table class Rawdata < ActiveRecord::Base     set_table_name "rawdatas"

i have setup my controller file named admin_controller.rb with the following function. def list_raw_data   sql="select * from rawdatas order by tradedatetime desc"      @rawdata_pages, @rawdata = paginate :rawdata, :per_page => 50

end

i get error NameError in AdminController#list_raw_data uninitialized constant Rawdatum RAILS_ROOT: ./script/../config/..

i found the inflections in the environment.rb and uncommneted it. i
tried to monkeypatch it like the following   Inflector.inflections do |inflect|   if not(inflect=="rawdata") then     inflect.plural /^(ox)$/i, '\1en'     inflect.singular /^(ox)en/i, '\1'     inflect.irregular 'person', 'people'     inflect.uncountable %w( fish sheep )   end   end

Inflector.inflections do |inflect|    inflect.irregular 'rawdata', 'rawdatas' end

(you do need to restart the server)

I've remembered paginate expects you to pass the the plural form, so
you need paginate :rawdatas

With the inflection you can drop the set_table_name

Fred

thanks a lot so far. i have a new challenge.

my controller function is here def list_raw_data       @rawdata_pages, @rawdata = paginate :rawdatas, :per_page => 50 end

how does the controller know which view to render with the pages. the example that i am mocking does not do a render action. i am getting a entry page instead of a list page. should i add a render before the end of the function above.

junkone1 wrote: