Multiple references of Country table in single client table

Hi I am new to ruby on rails , i am trying to develop a form client form having multiple refrences to country... i.e while adding a client i can add two contact persons each have a country associated with them. However with scaffolding iam unable to refer country twice....could anyone of you shed some light as to where iam going wrong or what could be the rite way....

Hi I am new to ruby on rails , i am trying to develop a form client form having multiple refrences to country... i.e while adding a client i can add two contact persons each have a country associated with them. However with scaffolding iam unable to refer country twice....could anyone of you shed some light as to where iam going wrong or what could be the rite way....

I suggest that first you work right through some good tutorials such as railstutorial.org (which is free to use online). Hopefully then you will have a better idea of the basics of Rails and will be able to achieve what you want.

Colin

akshar jamgaonkar wrote in post #1058608:

Sooo, sounds like the basic scaffold functionality won't work. So you'll have to take control and write some code of your own.

My own two cents... scaffolding is good for education, and a look at how Rails is designed to work, but it's just the basics. Never done Rails before? Scaffold up a model with some attributes, then go look at that generated code. Figure out how all the pieces and parts work together. Then start writing your own code.

I use scaffolding for proof of concept all the time, but the scaffolded code doesn't survive very long at all.

Thanks a lot guys.....will definitely try what you have mentioned