mongrel issue dev vs. prod

I can start this app in dev mode fine but it blows up when I do -e production. Here is what I get from the brief output in the cli: No idea what is going on and why it would do that in prod mode.

F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/erb.rb:441:in `scan': undefined method `empty?' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/erb.rb:497:in `compile'         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/erb.rb:664:in `initialize'         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ actionpack-2.2.2/lib/action_view/template_handlers/erb.rb:51:in `new'         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ actionpack-2.2.2/lib/action_view/template_handlers/erb.rb:51:in `compile'         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ actionpack-2.2.2/lib/action_view/template_handler.rb:11:in `call'         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ actionpack-2.2.2/lib/action_view/renderable.rb:21:in `_unmemoized_compiled_source'         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/memoizable.rb:57:in `compiled_source'         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/memoizable.rb:25:in `__send__'          ... 29 levels...         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/ lib/commands/server.rb:49         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'         from F:/BACKUP/Backup/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ custom_require.rb:31:in `require'         from script/server:3

The main difference between production mode and development mode that seems relevant here is that rails will go and load up all your classes and templates and so on ahead of time, so if you had a class or template which a syntax error or similar in it that you never actually used then you'd never hit it in development but production would still choke on it.

Fred