Model without database table?

Is it possible to make a model that does not map to a database table? If so how?

A "model" is a class that represents something in the problem domain, Rails does not assume it is persistent. Just define a class Foo in app/models/foo.rb without inheriting from AR::Base.

-- fxn

I'm studying rails I am coding depot application in Agile web development with rails book I have Cart model code like that :

class Cart

attr_reader :items

def initialize      @items =    end

def add_product(product)      current_item = @items.find {|item| item.product == product}      if current_item        current_item.increment_quantity      else        @items << CartItem.new(product)      end    end

def total_price      @items.sum { |item| item.price }    end end above code is same with that of the book but depot app have a error Cart class doesn't inherit from ActiveRecode::Base But, Error message is like that >> c = Cart.new ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid: Mysql::Error: #42S02Table
'depots_development.carts' doesn't exist: SHOW FIELDS FROM `carts`

plz, help me~

2008. 02. 25, 오후 6:28, Xavier Noria 작성:

Sorry for the late answer, maybe it will be usefull for someone else.

You can use the following plugin: http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/activerecord_base_without_table