Mocking an ActiverRecord model

In Rails 2.x, using Mocha, I was trying a pretty simple excercise, mocking an activerecord model, and an association.

I wrote something like this:

test "setting the home_phone works" do     a_phone = mock()     a_card = Card.new(:name => "Joe Winston")     a_card.home_phone = a_phone     assert_equal a_phone, a_card.home_phone end

Card is specified to has_one :home_phone.

I got the error below the dashed line, which to me says that ActiveRecord is not recognizing the mocked variable a_phone as a proper object to add to the association. I did a bunch of digging but could not figure out how to get the mock to work with Active Record.

Does anyone have a tip, it would be greatly appreciated! (p.s. I couldn't find a mocha specific list, which is why I posted here.)

Thanks!

Pito

I got the error below the dashed line, which to me says that ActiveRecord is not recognizing the mocked variable a_phone as a proper object to add to the association. I did a bunch of digging but could not figure out how to get the mock to work with Active Record.

stub_out is_a? maybe ?

Does anyone have a tip, it would be greatly appreciated! (p.s. I couldn't find a mocha specific list, which is why I posted here.)

http://groups.google.com/group/mocha-developer

Fred