Missing something about these form parameters

If I have the following form:

<h1>Send Email</h1> <% form_remote_tag :update => 'dud', :url => {:controller => 'emailer', :action => 'sendmail'} do %> <p><label for="email_subject">Subject</label>: <%= text_field 'email', 'subject' %></p> <p><label for="email_recipient">Recipient</label>: <%= text_field 'email', 'recipient' %></p> <p><label for="email_message">Message</label><br/> <%= text_area 'email', 'message' %></p> <%= submit_tag "Send", {:onclick => "pageLoad()" } %> <% end %>

Which, upon Submit, executes the following controller method:

class EmailerController < ApplicationController   def sendmail        recipient = params[:email]        subject = params[:subject]        message = params[:message]        puts recipient        puts subject        puts message        Emailer.deliver_contact(recipient, subject, message)        return if request.xhr?       render :nothing => true       #render :text => 'Message sent successfully'   end end

And I input the following data into the form:: Recipient: abc@123.com Message: This is just a test!

Why is the output I am puts'ing, look like this?

messageThis is just a test!recipientabc@123.comsubjecttest

No wonder I cannot get the mail to send -- why is it prefixing the variables with the names of the variables themselves? -Janna B

Look at your log file. You'll see that params[:email] is a hash (and that's the thing you are puts-ing; the other two things are nil)

Fred