Missing Helper file helpers/all_helper.rb ?

Hi,

I have this line in my application.rb controller:

helper :all # include all helpers, all the time

which in the 1.2.3 Rails Gem environment I'm in, is causing this error:

We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

and in the log file:

Missing helper file helpers/all_helper.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/ action_controller/helpers.rb:71:in `helper' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/ action_controller/helpers.rb:58:in `each' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.3/lib/ action_controller/helpers.rb:58:in `helper' ./../config/../app/controllers/application.rb:60 /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:203:in `load_without_new_constant_marking' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:203:in `load_file' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:202:in `load_file' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:94:in `require_or_load' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:60:in `depend_on' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:442:in `require_dependency' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/dispatcher.rb:110:in `prepare_application' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/dispatcher.rb:39:in `dispatch'

When I remove this line from the log file, everything seems to work. But this line was auto-generated. What does this mean and is there something I should be worried about here? - Dave

That's something that was added in 2.0. Are you developing/running with different versions of rails?

Fred

Ah, no. The host is running 1.2.3. - Dave

Ah, no. The host is running 1.2.3. - Dave

If you're running 2.0 where you develop (which seems likely given the
autogenerated code), then you're setting yourself up for a world of
pain.

Fred