Migration with active records

Hi everyone, I got a question regarding active records. Im new to ruby as well as active records. As mentioned here, its possible to migrate database schema with active records. “Rails provides a domain-specific language for managing a database schema called migrations. Migrations are stored in files which are executed against any database that Active Record supports using rake.”

I wonder where I can look up the databases supported by active records. Anyone knows?

thanks in advance.

regards

Hi everyone,

I got a question regarding active records. Im new to ruby as well as active records.

As mentioned here, its possible to migrate database schema with active records. "Rails provides a domain-specific language for managing a database schema called migrations. Migrations are stored in files which are executed against any database that Active Record supports using rake."

I wonder where I can look up the databases supported by active records. Anyone knows?

I assume you already know about the databases supported 'out of the box' (mysql, sqlite and postresql) as any initial cursory investigation of rails would have shown that. As for others I doubt whether there is a definitive list as anyone could write a gem to support a database of their choice. More helpful would be ask about any ones you are particularly interested in. Even there, though, google would probably give you a quicker and more accurate result.

If you want to get into Rails development then I strongly advise working right through a good tutorial (such as railstutorial.org, which is free to use online) as that will introduce you to the basics of rails.

Colin