May need ruby developer

Hi,

I'm looking for a developer to help build an SMS messaging site. Basically, users will have the ability to sign up for subscriptions to receive daily SMS text messages of a particular topic. I know there are a lot of sites out there doing this already from horoscopes to diet tips, so there is likely someone on this board with experience and it doesn't take much work to get it up and running.

I'm not too concerned about what is under the hood. As an example, it could just be a skin on top of an SMS messaging service out there where I supply the front page, SMS content and the cost, the SMS service provides me access to user management, the users can setup when and to which phone they receive the TXTs, and payments are made via Paypal.

I have a feeling there needs to be more to it on the site side, thus the reason for posting on this board. If you have other suggestions, let me now.

I know a bit about Rails, so may be able to take over any necessary maintenance.

I'm not too concerned about what is under the hood. As an example, it could just be a skin on top of an SMS messaging service out there where I supply the front page, SMS content and the cost, the SMS service provides me access to user management, the users can setup when and to which phone they receive the TXTs, and payments are made via Paypal.

You may want to look into premium sms billing. The cut network operators take is much higher than paypal however the process is simpler for your users - all they need to do is send you a text message, no need to create accounts, fill in forms on paypal etc.

Fred