Max length for posted data (HTTP POST)?

Hi all,

I'm trying to process some XML that is posted by 3rd party software (FreeSWITCH). We're running JRuby 1.1 on Rails 2.0.2

The data that is http posted to my RoR application looks like: cdr=<long escaped XML>, i.e

cdr=&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot;?&gt; &lt;cdr&gt;    &lt;variables&gt;

For some reason the data is truncated, making the XML invalid.

We've used the same software in another project where the CDR data was posted to Oracle's XSQL without this problem.

Does anyone know if Ruby (on Rails) applies a maximum length to posted data? If so, any idea how I can increase this length?

Thanks, Birgit

Hi all,

I'm still struggling on with this one.

I wrote a simple, straightforward Java servlet that I deployed in GlassFish (as well). The servlet receives the post, writes the xml data to a file, parses the XML into a DOM document and writes success/error back as response.

All is well: the XML is valid, there's no truncation,

Since the only difference in the two setups is RoR, it must be RoR truncating (or not fully reading) the incoming HTTP POST.

As extra information, here is what I did RoR: - I created a controller, model and view, using NetBeans - Left the controller & model unaltered - In the view I print out the 'params' - I deployed it in GlassFish

Do any of you have an idea how I can fix my problem?

Thanks, Birgit