"master failed to start, check stderr log for details"

Hi guys,

I’m trying to start unicorn and I keep getting this error constantly.

My unicorn.rb (https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d1f3d9bcdd1a6c4d8435)

Command that I’m using to start unicorn:

/home/app/adsgold/# unicorn_rails master -c config/unicorn.rb -D -E production

Commands that I’ve already tried:

/home/app/adsgold/# unicorn_rails -c config/unicorn.rb -D -E production

/home/app/adsgold/# unicorn_rails master -c config/unicorn.rb -D -E production -p 3000

/home/app/adsgold/# bundle exec master unicorn -c unicorn.cnf -E production -D

Complete error beeing shown: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/828d9677f928fa671762

I checked permissions between the older server and the new server and both are exactly the same. Here is the last 200 lines of “unicorn.stderr.log” /home/deploy/apps/shared/log/unicorn.stderr.log · GitHub

I moved a dedicated server to a node, I did a complete mirror so both should be working but they are not. The older one is still running fine, so I can compare and check anything, but I just cannot make the new one runs as it should.

Anyone? Just little help? :frowning:

There you go ! uninitialized constant User (NameError) Check if user.rb exists in /app/models/

it must have been renamed or removed

There is not user.rb file. How can I fix it? Do I have to create one from scratch? If so, is there a link you could point me to how can I make it right? I know almost 0 of Ruby on rails. I thought that moving everything from the older server to the new one would work, but the user.rb file is also missing in the older server.

Older server should have user.rb if its running unicorn and the same code base ( or someone has deleted it after the server was up ? ) . you will need someone to fix it for you if its missing because it might be related to authrorization ( devise gem ) . Is the code base hosted on github ?

I saw a ‘history -cw’ on the sever when I first logged in, it was from programmer who was fired from the project. So I assume he deleted this file. Thanks for the help man, It’s been long 37 hours investigating this issue to get narrowed to this. I will check someone to fix it. Thanks again.