Magick::Image , no size & Amazon S3

Hi,

Any ideas why I get "undefined method `size' for 100x100 DirectClass 8-bit:Magick::Image" while doing the next?

image = Magick::Image.new(100, 100) { self.size = "100x100"} logger.info image.size

Thanks.

No help with RMagick? Maybe someone has some good alternative to RMagick.

Cheers.

Please remember to quote the previous message so that the thread makes sense.

I think you are rather optimistic hoping for a reply to your original post within three hours. At any one time one third of the world is asleep, one third is working and most of the rest are not interested in RoR. Unfortunately that leaves you and me at the moment and I don't know about RMagik. Sorry. If you are patient someone may come along who can help.

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #977193:

No help with RMagick? Maybe someone has some good alternative to RMagick.

Please remember to quote the previous message so that the thread makes sense.

I think you are rather optimistic hoping for a reply to your original post within three hours. At any one time one third of the world is asleep, one third is working and most of the rest are not interested in RoR. Unfortunately that leaves you and me at the moment and I don't know about RMagik. Sorry. If you are patient someone may come along who can help.

Colin

Hi Colin. You are absolutely right. I shall wait :slight_smile: Thanks for the heads up. Good to know you are around.

and most of the rest are not interested in RoR

We should do something about that also.

Cheers.

comopasta Gr wrote in post #977118:

Hi,

Any ideas why I get "undefined method `size' for 100x100 DirectClass 8-bit:Magick::Image" while doing the next?

image = Magick::Image.new(100, 100) { self.size = "100x100"} logger.info image.size

This is how I use it normally to store to file system and goes fine.

@qr = RQRCode::QRCode.new("Some text" :size => 6) FileUtils.mkdir_p "public/images/tags/#{ident}" @img = QRImage.new(@qr).sample(1) path = "public/images/tags/#{@tag.identifier}/#{ident}_thumb.png" @img.write(path)

Well, what you're trying to do in the top section would seem to indicate that there isn't a size attribute available, or the method chaining is getting scrambled. And the second filesystem example doesn't really say anything about 'size' as you aren't interrogating the size attribute in that code. All that aside...

Have you tried it in irb? And perhaps

Magick::Image.new( size => '100x100' )

(totally untested, and theoretical)