Magic method names

Rails is able to dynamically build methods from magic names like edit_record_path.

This is very powerful, but how to find docs about it?

Fritz Trapper wrote:

Rails is able to dynamically build methods from magic names like edit_record_path.

This is very powerful, but how to find docs about it?

If you just want to see what routes you have defined.

$ rake routes

Robert Walker wrote:

No, I want to know, which parameters and options are acceptet.

Fritz Trapper wrote:

Robert Walker wrote:

Did you read that guide I linked? It should tell you all you need to know about using the routing helpers.

Fritz Trapper wrote:

Robert Walker wrote:

The link that Robert posted explains your question exactly. A *tiny* part of that page:

3.3 URLs and Paths Creating a RESTful route will also make available a pile of helpers within your application:

photos_url and photos_path map to the path for the index and create actions new_photo_url and new_photo_path map to the path for the new action edit_photo_url and edit_photo_path map to the path for the edit action photo_url and photo_path map to the path for the show, update, and destroy actions

Robert Walker wrote:

Did you read that guide I linked? It should tell you all you need to know about using the routing helpers.

Ok, it's a part of the routing system. I expected to find some magic meta programming method to be found in the docs.

Routing is an issue, I spent a lot of time with, without getting a real overview until now.

Thanks for your help.