Mac Firefox renders localhost rails pages smaller then safari or other browser

Hi there,

I'm using mac with snow leopard and ruby on rails in different version.

Every html-page from the internet is dispalyed on safari or firefox (4) in the same way/size.

But my problem is, that only the pages from my rails projects (with mogrel) are rendered on firefox about 15% smaller than in my stylsheets defined.

If I'm using Safari on Mac or Firefox and IE8 with windows,everything is rendered like defined.

Have anybody an Idea why?

Thanks ahead for every suggestion.

Regs

Hermann

did you ever press option-minus or option+plus for change the sizes in firefox? because firefox remembers this... just a guess

Whenever a page renders differently on different browsers the first thing to do is to check the source for html validity. View the page in the browser then view the source (View > Page Source or similar) copy the complete html text and paste it into the w3c html validator. It may not be the problem but is always worth doing first.

Colin

Hi Thomas,

unbelievable, that's it!!!!!!

Thank you very much!!

I musst be more than one year ago when I pressed cmd+.

Regs

Hermann

Thomas M. wrote in post #996272:

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much!!

So that only affected your rails apps and not other websites? Strange, almost unbelievable in fact.

Colin

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much!!

So that only affected your rails apps and not other websites? Strange, almost unbelievable in fact.

Colin

If they all had the same address -- localhost:3000 -- then that's not _too_ surprising.

Walter

Apologies, I had missed the fact that FF remembers the setting on a site by site basis. In which case, with some embarrassment, I unreservedly withdraw my disbelief.

Colin

if you need to reset it you can simply use cmd-0 to reset to default.

They are all together 0 - + right next to each other.

I'm on ff4 and it looks like they implemented = so there is no need to shift for + and here it's control ( 0, -, +/= ) to control the browser's text accessibility option.