Losing Default Value with Migration

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced problems with losing default column values when running a migration. I have a column that defaults to a value of 0, yet when I run a migration I lose the default value which reverts to NULL. My migration is simple:

class RenameRecentLocationId < ActiveRecord::Migration   def self.up     rename_column :devices, :recent_location_id, :recent_reading_id   end

def self.down     rename_column :devices, :recent_reading_id, :recent_location_id   end end

Am I missing something or is this a known issue? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on the problem.

Best regards, Dennis

Okay, so it seems I should do a change_column after the rename. Sorry for the waste of bytes and I was expecting Rails to do everything for me with one line of code :slight_smile:

class RenameRecentLocationId < ActiveRecord::Migration   def self.up     rename_column :devices, :recent_location_id, :recent_reading_id     change_column :devices, :recent_reading_id, :integer, :default => 0   end

def self.down     rename_column :devices, :recent_reading_id, :recent_location_id     change_column :devices, :recent_location_id, :integer, :default => 0   end end