link_to_remote

I have a link_to_remote that I am hoping will be able to slide up and down a particaular div, my issue is that I cannot get all the callbacks to work together. Here is what I have:

<%= link_to_remote( 'S', :url => { :action => 'show_users',    :letter => 'S', :company_id => x.primary_account_id},    :update => @company_title.name,    :before => 'new Effect.toggle(\'' + @company_title.name + '\', \'slide\');',    :complete => 'new Effect.toggle(\'' + @company_title.name + '\',      \'slide\');') -%>

Which doesnt work at all. If I take out the :before it works. . .somewhat, not the way that I want but works, none the less. How do you combine all the callbacks into a single link_to_remote? I realize that I am propbably missing {} somewhere, but I cannot find any good documention on this anywhere. Thanks,

-S

I have a link_to_remote that I am hoping will be able to slide up and down a particaular div, my issue is that I cannot get all the
callbacks to work together. Here is what I have:

<%= link_to_remote( 'S', :url => { :action => 'show_users',   :letter => 'S', :company_id => x.primary_account_id},   :update => @company_title.name,   :before => 'new Effect.toggle(\'' + @company_title.name + '\', \'slide\');',

I think there's an extra ' in there.

:before => "new Effect.toggle('#{@company_title.name}','slide');",

is considerably easier to read. you should also be careful that the
comany name does have a ' in it (and be aware that not all characters
are legal in dom ids, so you could make the browser freak out.

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote: