link_to_remote and :with

Hi

I have in my view 2 variables     @sd_resolution_id and @sd_ticket

How can I pass this t controller..I tried the following but failed Please help

<%= link_to_remote "Edit Resolution",                             :update => "create_sd_resolution_ui",                             :url => { :action => 'define_sd_resolution_ui', :with => "'sd_resolution_id='+ '@sd_resolution_id' + '&id=' + escape($('@sd_ticket'))"),                         %>

Thanks in advance Sijo

Hi

I have in my view 2 variables    @sd_resolution_id and @sd_ticket

<%= link_to_remote "Edit Resolution",                            :update => "create_sd_resolution_ui",                            :url => { :action => 'define_sd_resolution_ui', :with => "'sd_resolution_id='+ '@sd_resolution_id' + '&id=' + escape($('@sd_ticket'))"),

:with is a javascript fragment, so something like "{sd_resolution_id:
@sd_resolution_id, id: escape($('@sd_ticket'))}" is probably about
right.   in this particular case, can't you just do

<%= link_to_remote "Edit Resolution",                            :update => "create_sd_resolution_ui",                            :url => { :action =>
'define_sd_resolution_ui', :id => @sd_ticket, :sd_resolution_id =>
@sd_resolution_id} %>

? Fred

Sijo Kg wrote:

<%= link_to_remote "Edit Resolution",                             :update => "create_sd_resolution_ui",                             :url => { :action => 'define_sd_resolution_ui', :with => "'sd_resolution_id='+ '@sd_resolution_id' + '&id=' + escape($('@sd_ticket'))"),                         %>

:with is for passing in javascript ,not for passing parameters to the URL. In all functions which create a URL, you can pass in extra parameters in the URL specification part. In your example, you'd want something like:

<%= link_to_remote "Edit Resolution",           :update => "create_sd_resolution_ui",           :url => {:action => :define_sd_resolution_ui,                    :sd_resolution => @sd_resolution_id,                    :id => @sd_ticket} %>

For more information have a look at the examples in the documentation:

http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/ActionView/Helpers/PrototypeHelper.html#M000958

Thanks for your replies

Mark Bush wrote:

:with is for passing in javascript ,not for passing parameters to the URL.

Bit misleading there as I wasn't thinking right at the time. It *is* for passing parameters, however it's mainly useful for passing JavaScript values (or DOM values) as parameters.

You *can* use it for passing Rails values, but it's a bit ugly compared to putting them in the :url hash.