Line breaks removed from ActionMailer template

I've been googling and searching this list for about an hour now, and maybe I'm just not thinking of the common nomenclature for what to be looking for, but I can't find jack.

Here's the deal: I've got an application coded correctly, sending the mail out, and the template is structured correctly (method_name.erb is the filename) with LF line breaks (have also tried CRLF and CR, same effect) and all.

Unfortunately, any time the e-mail is received, all the line breaks are removed. The e-mail is being sent as plain text, in UTF-8 - the defaults.

For example:

Line one line two

Becomes:

Line oneline two

Looking at development.log, it shows that the line breaks are there. Indeed, of course my template has line breaks in it, separating lines and paragraphs.

I'm on OS X 10.5.6, using sendmail. Settings inside config/ environments/develpment.rb: config.action_mailer.raise_delivery_errors = true config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :sendmail config.action_mailer.sendmail_settings = { :location => '/usr/sbin/ sendmail', :arguments => '-i -t'} config.action_mailer.perform_deliveries = true

I'm writing the template in TextMate and have tried all three line- ending types: LF CRLF CR

I've even tried via SMTP on another server, and have had the exact same results.

I've thought of just going straight to HTML e-mail and formatting it using <p> and other tags, but the problem with that is that I don't want this ending up in spam boxes due to over-aggressive filtering. Plus, there's really no reason this needs to be in HTML - plain text should be fine.

Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing this issue?

Thanks for your help.

IGNORE THE ABOVE. I'm an idiot who had a typo in his code. I had set content_type in the ActionMailer-inherited method to text/html on accident. For example:

class Foo < ActionMailer::Base

def bar(to, info)   recipients to   from "no-reply@my.domain.com"   subject "FooBar"   sent_on Time.now   body :info => info   content type 'text/html' # THIS WAS THE PROBLEM! - should have been 'text/plain' end end