left menu for Fedena Project

i wanna add left menu in the http://demo.projectfedena.org/ login:admin password:admin123 as there is no left menu in that i thought of adding a left menu. can any one tell how to do that with ROR.

Hi,

You have to create a partial view with the content for the menu... example:      "/app/views/shared/_menu_left.erb"... there you can put your content for the menu.

Later in the file      "/app/views/layouts/application.html.erb"

You have to call the partial (just take in consideration html and some conditions like user logged in...)... example:      "<%= render(:partial => "shared/_menu_left.erb") %>"

There are many other solutions... as usually depends on the project and the requirements.

I hope it will help you,

El 16/08/2011 10:37, honey ruby escribi�:

i appreciate for your reply gentlemen but can u explain detail .ok ill create the partial page then what is the code i got to write in it if u have any sample code.

Do you know what you want to do using html and css directly? If not then you need to learn about html and css. RoR is a framework to make it easier to build websites, but you still need to know about html and css.

Colin

yeah i have a very good idea of html and css . but the thing i need to a left menu using ROR. how can i do that. if u can visit the site demo.projectfedena.org with LOGIN :admin and PASSWORD: admin123 there is menu on the top i want that menu to the left side . just see the site then u can help me out much better

Please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread. Insert your reply at appropriate points in the previous message. Thanks.

yeah i have a very good idea of html and css . but the thing i need to a left menu using ROR. how can i do that. if u can visit the site demo.projectfedena.org with LOGIN :admin and PASSWORD: admin123 there is menu on the top i want that menu to the left side . just see the site then u can help me out much better

So you know what you want to do in html and css. So change the site to generate the appropriate html and css. Which bit is it that you do not know how to do?

All I will see if I look at your site will be html, javascript and css, but you say you know what you want that to become, so there is no point me looking at it. If you do not know how to generate the html from RoR then give an example of one of the bits you are not sure how to do.

Colin

i hope u saw the site . there is a menu on the top rite so, if i need that menu on left side of the screen what should i do. i mean how to write the code of that.

Hi,

Assuming the code is the same as
You can find the upper menu embedded in

“/app/views/layouts/application.html.erb” An easy solution will be (same menu everywhere), change the CSS of “main-menu” and creating “sidebar_menu” and some code like this: No need of partial or magic ROR… just HTML and CSS. Greetings, El 16/08/2011 15:25, hanish jadala escribió: