jQuery draggable not working in RoR 3.1

I started a new RoR 3.1 project to test this. I've added the following needed jQuery .js files to make draggable work correctly into my app/assests/javascripts directory. jquery.ui.core.js jquery.ui.widget.js jquery.ui.mouse.js jquery.ui.draggable.js

The application.js has the default code: //= require jquery //= require jquery_ujs //= require_tree .

I then added the .js code to make it all work into the application.js file: $(function() {   $( "#draggable" ).draggable(); });

So this is all set.

Then I use the following code in my home page: <div id="draggable" class="ui-widget-content">   <p>Drag me around</p> </div>

Dragging doesn't work! The code I used is based on the jQuery demo file for draggable. It works fine as a HTML file but when I put into my Ruby on Rails 3.1 project, it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? I've been pulling my hair because of this. Thanks for your help!

I started a new RoR 3.1 project to test this. I’ve added the

following needed jQuery .js files to make draggable work correctly

into my app/assests/javascripts directory.

jquery.ui.core.js

jquery.ui.widget.js

jquery.ui.mouse.js

jquery.ui.draggable.js

The application.js has the default code:

//= require jquery

//= require jquery_ujs

//= require_tree .

I then added the .js code to make it all work into the application.js

file:

$(function() {

$( “#draggable” ).draggable();

});

So this is all set.

Then I use the following code in my home page:

Drag me around

Dragging doesn’t work! The code I used is based on the jQuery demo

file for draggable. It works fine as a HTML file but when I put into

my Ruby on Rails 3.1 project, it doesn’t work. What am I doing

wrong? I’ve been pulling my hair because of this. Thanks for your

help!

Have you looked at the generated page source vs what you see in the jquery example? Make sure that all the jquery libraries are loading. Then see what looks different. My guess is you might not be getting your ui libs loaded.