Joining three tables

Hi I really need some help. I'm new on rails and I need to join three tables in one view.

I have three models     class TypeEvent < ActiveRecord::Base     end     class Event < ActiveRecord::Base     belongs_to :type_event     belongs_to :computer     end

class Computer < ActiveRecord::Base     belongs_to :room     has_many :events, :dependent => :delete_all     end The show action in the Computer controller is written like this :     def show     @computer = Computer.find(params[:id])     respond_to do |format|     format.html # show.html.erb     format.xml { render :xml => @computer }     end     end I would like to display the following fields in the show.html.erb view type_events.name from the type_events table events.information from the type_events table events.state , events.created_at , envents.updated_at from the events table

Can anybody help me ?

Hi I really need some help. I'm new on rails and I need to join three tables in one view.

I have three models class TypeEvent < ActiveRecord::Base

You want has_many :events here.

end class Event < ActiveRecord::Base belongs_to :type_event belongs_to :computer end

class Computer < ActiveRecord::Base belongs_to :room has_many :events, :dependent => :delete_all end The show action in the Computer controller is written like this : def show @computer = Computer.find(params[:id]) respond_to do |format| format.html # show.html.erb format.xml { render :xml => @computer } end end I would like to display the following fields in the show.html.erb view type_events.name from the type_events table events.information from the type_events table events.state , events.created_at , envents.updated_at from the events table

@computer.events will give you all the events for that computer so you can loop through those. Something like @computer.events.each do |event| then you can display the attributes for each event. The type_event for the event is then event.type_event so you can access its attributes also.

Colin

Thanks I'll try it right now. Thank you for your help.

and I would name the class EventType for me it seems more logical and easier to read but that is just me.